MS Intune is a cloud-based management solution which provides mobile and OS device management.
To give you an example of MS intune, as in when you download any application from a play store whether it is a Google or Apple iOS, there are applications which doesn’t allow you to do some activities ex: taking screenshots these are blocked by some background applications which are also downloaded along with your main application, because of security. MS In tune is downloaded to secure your official data as if incase you lost your device the same data could be erased through in tune before your data gets in the hands of an attacker.
Lets understand some best practices to be followed, when using MS intune:
- Create security groups for Intune deployment rings
- Configure Windows 10 software update rings
- Setup Office 365 apps deployment for Windows 10
- Setup App protection policies
- Create Company terms and conditions
- Customize Company Portal branding
- Configure Device clean-up rules on a weekly/monthly time frame
- Configure Apple MDM push certificates
- Setup Device Configuration profiles
Intune Deployment Rings
Create a basic group using the Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) portal, a basic group is added to a single resource by the resource owner (administrator) and includes specific members (employees) that need to access that resource.
Windows 10 software update rings
The MDM’s should be updated with the latest software of windows to secure it from any cyberattacks.
Setup App protection policies
Create and assign Microsoft Intune app protection policies (APP) for users of your organization. App protection policies can apply to apps running on devices that may or may not be managed by Intune.
Company terms and conditions
As an Intune admin, you must require that users accept your company’s terms and conditions before using the Company’s Portal